We are The Joint Replacement Therapists
About the Doctors
Dr. Luke Pedersen, PT, DPT
Dr. Luke Pedersen, PT, DPT is an orthopedic physical therapist working at Total Performance Physical Therapy, an outpatient orthopedic clinic in the Greater Philadelphia area. He graduated from Stony Brook University Doctorate of Physical Therapy Program. While in school, Luke achieved membership into the Alpha Eta National Honor Society for Allied Health Professionals and received the Graduate Honor Award for achieving the highest overall GPA out of all Stony Brook School of Health Technology and Management students.
Through clinical-internships and work experiences, Dr. Pedersen has valuable experience in a wide variety of physical therapy settings. The settings included sub-acute rehabilitation, neurological outpatient, vestibular outpatient, a concussion clinic, and orthopedic outpatient. Although Dr. Pedersen’s true love is orthopedic and sports physical therapy, he has gained valuable experience and confidence providing high quality, evidence-based treatment for a wide variety of diagnoses and patients. This includes helping numerous individuals rehab from their joint replacement surgerys and effectively helping them return to all the activities they enjoy.
Dr. Jordan Pedersen, PT, DPT
Dr. Jordan has work experience in a variety of settings including outpatient orthopedics, acute care, sub-acute rehab, and home health physical therapy. He has gone on to complete each level of the Mechanical Diagnosis and Therapy Program, also known as the McKenzie Method. This program is a highly researched, exercise based approach of assessment and treatment, which uses a thourough and clinically reasoned evaluation of patients. Additionally, Dr. Jordan is currently in a fellowship program for the American Academy of Orthopedic Manual Physical Therapists (AAOMPT). This is a national organization committed to excellence in Manual Physical Therapy practice, through practicing the most up to date evidence in the field. Currently, less than 1% of therapist in the US have obtained fellow status.
What is The Joint Replacement Therapists?
Can’t I find all this information on the internet already?
Yes, and no. Sure, if you do enough searching you probably will be able to find all the information that we present on our website in one form or another. However, we believe that our material has multiple benefits that you may not receive with just performing a simple google search.
- First, all the information on our website comes straight from licensed orthopedic physical therapists who work with joint replacement patients every day, so you know you can trust the information.
- Second, our material encompasses all aspects of your joint replacement journey from preparation before surgery all the way through until your discharge from physical therapy after the surgery.
- All our information is presented in short easy to follow video series that utilize multiple learning styles. Additionally, you can pause, rewind, and view all the material as many times as you wish.
What other information is provided besides the video programs?
- Our blog discusses a wide variety of topics related to joint replacement surgery and rehab
- We have an Exercise Video Library with videos that demonstrate numerous of common prehab and rehab exercises you may perform
- We have general post operative protocols available to help track your overall progress with rehabilitation.
- We are always constantly working on new material every day.
Can I use the information in the Joint Replacement Therapists Programs in place of going to physical therapy?
What is the benefit of The Joint Replacement Therapists’ Programs?
Why the cost for the Programs?
- The Programs will help you determine if you should consider conservative treatment as a first option and possibly avoid the entire joint replacement process in the first place.
- The Programs will improve your physical, mental, and environmental preparation before surgery and improve the likelihood of better and more efficient recovery after surgery.
- The Programs will teach you everything to expect with your recovery after surgery and teach you all the common exercises to perform, providing another leg up as you begin your rehabilitation
- The protocols and timelines will provide you with benchmarks and goals to shoot for to keep you positive and motivated throughout the whole process.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from the Knee Replacement Therapists. Also, for a limited time, receive a free article from The Joint Replacement Therapists describing why your x-rays may not be giving you the whole story.
Ready to get started?
Browse our programs, or purchase now.